FF9 - Rose of May +*~.0 FF9 - Rose of May +*~.0

Hey man!
Sorry for this well overdue review (better late than never, right?) Haven't been on newgrounds in ages >_<

I don't really remember much of FF9, so this feels fresh and new to me. It's a bit long winded for my taste, but nice work on the arrangement throughout.

I like that extra delayed choir pad you added in at around 4:09! Gives it a nice uneasy feeling to the buildup.... and that ending piano ballad section that starts around 7:58 just gets me every time (I'm a real sucker for those power ballad sounding piano sections hahaha)

Also, love the "airy-ness" in the entire mix. Really adds to the feel of the song (especially during the piano/ballad parts)

Cheers

-F

Chronamut responds:

lol yes well overdue :P

glad you liked the song man!

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

[Kieda] Thoughts of Hope [NAC] [Kieda] Thoughts of Hope [NAC]

waking up in a nice quiet rpg village

that's what it felt like while listening to this. I don't really see myself getting pissed drunk with music like this though :D

The production (especially the strings at around 1:32) could've be a lot better but don't worry, you'll only get better with time! Hell you sound a lot better than me at the beginning of the year!

Kieda responds:

"Medeival-like bard music with lutes and whistles and all that fancy fucking stuff!" Hopefully it falls at least to that category xP

Thanks for the review (:

Celestial Exploration Celestial Exploration

EH!?!

that was my reaction when i realised this song has been looping in the background for the last 20 minutes while i was doing some work! great background tune - perfect for chillin out and gettin some ambience in.

somehow this kinda reminds me of katamari damacy... maybe its the funny noises around the 2:25 mark. anyways, great stuff!!!

Aaroca's Bolero 2 Aaroca's Bolero 2

groovy baby!!

lovin the vibe dude, lovin it

Forest World Forest World

sounds like...

going into a forest all high and disoriented...

i dunno why but it brings back memories of all those old 80s horror movies and those suspense thrillers based in the forest, with some psycho chasing the main character who's running for dear life....

but srsly, i like this a lot! well done!

Aaroca responds:

80s horror movie... *shiver*
Well I'm glad you like it!
Thanks!

-Aaroca-

Battle Theme I Battle Theme I

awesome!

dude, sakuraba is one of my favourite composers of all time! personally, i think he does the best battle themes ever, and you've captured his style perfectly here!

honestly, i don't think the drums are as over intense as the synth violin and guitar solos, but it works anyway :)

Rick Roll (8bit) Rick Roll (8bit)

i just wanna tell you how i'm feeling...

NEVER GONNA GIVE! NEVER GONNA GIVE!

pheel responds:

Give you up!
:D

[insert title here] [insert title here]

m832dqh0wqbhr9n783124ncgewxf

that was i can think about when listening to this. great job! awesome track!

Mega Man X2 - Charge Shot Mega Man X2 - Charge Shot

AWESOME!!!

Pure awesomeness... another reason why videogames are just pure metal!